Fabrics & textile
On this page you'll find general tips that help you to keep your Leolux fabric upholstery in top condition.
For more specific information about maintaining other materials, see the previous page.
Basic maintenance for textile upholstery
Use the vacuum cleaner with a clean and soft furniture attachment to dust off the furniture weekly (maximum 500 Watt). Use the LCK® cleaning glove, with a few drops of LCK® / Puratex® cleaning water (if advised) to freshen up the upholstery. This provides the fabric with a little moisture and ensures that superficial dirt is removed.
- Keep the surface dust-free.
- Wipe with the LCK® cleaning glove (with dry or with a few drops of cleaning water if advised).
- Make the surface dust-free.
- Wipe with the LCK® cleaning glove (slightly damp, if advised).
- Protect with the Puratex® impregnation spray (if advised).
- Remove coarse dirt as much as possible with a spoon or the blunt side of a knife.
- Then treat the stain with the recommended Puratex® cleaner. Apply some of the cleaner to a clean cloth and treat the stain.
- Always work from the outside in and always treat a larger area than the stain itself.
- After cleaning with the Puratex® cleaner, clean the entire section with water. Put a little cleaning water in a container and immerse the LCK® cleaning glove/clean cloth and wring it out. Then wipe the cleaned fabric thoroughly from seam to seam. Repeat once if necessary. As an alternative: use a regular cotton cloth and distilled water. DO NOT USE regular tab water to prevent lime-scale stains.
- Protect the fabric with the Puratex® impregnation spray or Puratex® strong protector. Hold the pump sprayer at a distance of 20-30 centimeters above the fabric and spray a thin, even layer over the fabric. Try to keep the pump injector as vertical as possible. Allow the fabric to dry thoroughly. Avoid dripping.
Take a look at the stains page for more information and useful tips!
Do you have a question regarding this page? Please contact us.